Who is eligible to apply to the Trust?
Any parent who is currently undergoing cancer treatment who has a child/ren under 16 years of age can apply to the Trust for some support.
What does the Trust fund?
We provide the family with the opportunity to go to local amenities. We do not provide cash, we will either book the facility for you or send you a gift card/voucher. The aim of the Trust is to provide the poorly adult with some rest and respite whilst another adult from the family/network takes the children off to do some activity. We can fund up to 3 activities during a parent’s treatment (we look at each request on its own merit). We will fund 1 adult alongside the children to undertake a local activity.
How do we get a referral form?
You can download the form via refer into us/contact us page, complete it and email or post it back to us. Alternatively you can contact us via our Facebook or email to request one to be posted out to you.
Can we self-refer?
Yes, you can self-refer, referrals are made by Social Workers, Macmillan Advisors and nurses, but if you hear about us and you’re eligible you can self-refer. A referral form must be completed before you can access our services.
Who from my health team needs to countersign the form?
Anyone who is currently involved with your care and treatment needs to countersign the form, we do need as much info about your length of treatment and a contact number for us to contact the team if needed.
Do you have to have a specific cancer to apply?
No. You just need to be receiving active treatment for your cancer to apply.
We returned our form back a week ago and heard nothing as yet?
Please allow up to 3 weeks for us to make contact, we are running the Trust voluntarily, all Trustees have full time jobs and children, we try and arrange your first activity as soon as possible. If you’re applying near the end of your treatment, we will still honour your activity if you finish your treatment after we get back to you. We record the date referrals come in to us.
What areas do you cover?
Our offices are based in North Wales and accept referrals from all over the UK?
What do you mean by a local activity?
By local we mean activities in and around your area, anything over an hour’s drive away from you will not be considered unless where you live is rural.
What activities do you fund?
- Cinema Tickets
- Meal out (Pizza Hut, Bella Italia, Nando’s, etc.)
- Soft Play/Play Centre
- Local farm outing (for the under 5’s)
- Shopping vouchers (for those aged 13 +)
- Nail/Beauty (for those aged 16+)
- Activity Passes
- Sports activity such as ice skating, tobogganing, trampolining etc.
What activities do you not fund?
- Theme park tickets
- Special Days (Willow can provide special days for anyone under 40 years of age who have a serious illness)
- Zoo tickets (unless the child is under 4 years of age, then we may consider it)
- Football, Sports, Concert Tickets
- Anything that isn’t classed as local to you, requires an overnight stay or for you to travel half the day to get there.
- Hotels/Overnight stays
- Weekend breaks
- Spa days
- Ozzy is our stuffed elephant teddy, we can provide one to each child referred to us in pink or grey. Priority goes to those under 10 years. The idea of Ozzy is to provide children with some comfort during this time, and to show the children they are not forgotten as part of our Never Forget Project. Ozzy’s can be bought in both 16” and 8” sizes, with all funds going to the Trust
I have finished my treatment and just found you, can I apply?
Unfortunately no, the support is for the family as you undergo treatment.
How can we donate?
We have a justgiving page www.justgiving.com/osborne-trust
You can donate to all year round, you can donate via cheque and post to the address in the contact us page. You can fundraise by holding your own activity to support us. PayPal donations can be made, please email us for more information.